Unwind: 5 (fall) things to do when you just can’t deal with life at the moment
Everyone has mixed feelings about fall. Some love the colours, pumpkin spice, and sweater weather, while others complain about the cold and the long wait until Christmas. As students, fall can get pretty crazy with schoolwork. So here are a few things to take your mind off of the craziness and get you into that fall spirit.
1. Go on a walk and do something a bit different. Take your average fall walk. It doesn’t have to be a long walk, but try taking some artsy pictures, or bring a friend with you and explore a new location.
2. Try making a new hot drink. You don’t have to be a good cook to make a great hot drink. Fall is full of pumpkin spice lattes and warm apple cider, but try making your own hot drink one day. Maybe a hot cocoa, a specialty tea, or why not make your own combination of spices to create a unique drink that will truly bring in the coziness? Think allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc., with a hint a brown sugar.
3. Inktober. Ever heard of the Inktober challenge? You create ink drawings based on a single word prompt for each day of October. Even if you’re not the best artist, pick one of the prompts and try drawing. You may be surprised with the results!
4. Experiment with dark and neutral tones. Fall is a great excuse to try out a new dark nail colour, or experiment with dark eyeshadows and find your new favourite look.
5. Throwback time. Fall somehow seems like the perfect time to reflect on the past. After all, the year’s almost up (Christmas here we come!). Put on some throwback music and jam out! Maybe reflect on some old pics while you’re at it.
Hopefully this inspires you to take a break from your daily activities and try something new for fall!